With American Heart Month happening every February, Queen City Elder Care is dedicated in spreading awareness and offering helpful tips on how to reduce your chances of getting heart disease or even reverses it.
We are offering a new way to approach your heart health. Based on the research in The Ageless Heart Manual by Dr. Al Sears, it’s time to throw out old approaches to heart disease such as a low fat diet that have been ineffective for decades. Some of this information might surprise you, but keep an open mind. Here is a preview of the book’s three primary principles.
- A high fat diet is not the cause of heart disease. Starches fuel heart disease. Because low-fat diets are even higher in starches, these diets make cardiovascular disease worse.
- Interval and weight training are the best options to improve heart health. “Cardio” workouts of more than about 15 minutes in duration could cause additional stress to the heart.
- Cholesterol drugs can do more harm than good. They can interfere with vital processes and create additional problems.
The best way to beat heart disease is to get to the root of the problem and address issues such as inflammation. Read one of Dr. Sears many works for a more in-depth look into the history and myths of heart disease. We will continue to break down many more principles and research from his books in upcoming blog posts. We welcome your comments below.
- What Does Senior Home Care Include for a Senior with Alzheimer’s? - June 8, 2022
- Tech Tips for Your Senior Parents - May 17, 2022
- Is In-Home Care Necessary After Your Dad’s Stroke? - May 3, 2022