September is Healthy Aging Month and it’s a celebration of the many positive aspects of getting older! Queen City Care has researched ways to make sure you grow old gracefully. Remember, it’s never too late to improve the quality of your life.
- Get Moving: Moderate exercise, such as brisk walking, for as little as 30 minutes a day has many proven health benefits including improved blood circulation, reduced risk of heart disease, improved cholesterol levels, less stress and much more!
- Get Social: Joining local meet-up groups, visiting with friends, and hosting parties will help build relationships which will keep you feeling young!
- Get Smart: It’s never too late to learn, so why not sign up at your local college and enroll in a class you always wanted to take. Pottery, cooking, Photoshop…whatever tickles your fancy!
- Get Sleep: We cannot stress the importance of getting a good night’s sleep enough. Good sleep is definitely the key to the fountain of youth.
- Get Protected: Protect your skin by wearing sun block every single day. Even if you aren’t in the direct sun. Protect your brain by playing lots of brain games like Sudoku or crossword puzzles. Last but not least, protect your health by eating whole, non-processed foods rich in fiber and nutrients.
Bonus tip! Live a balanced life by participating in exercise like yoga or tai chi. You could help to prevent falls with improved balance and agility.
What will you do to celebrate Healthy Aging Month? Let us know in the comments below!
- In-Home Care: Avoid Caregiver Burnout with These Tips - October 19, 2021
- Breast Cancer Awareness for Seniors - October 13, 2021
- Senior Home Care: Steps to Take on Your Dad’s First Day of Services - October 6, 2021